Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Hi!!!

 Y'all, it has been forever and a day since I have blogged!! I've turned off social media for a while, which had become my main form of engagement in the digital world. Since that's off the table currently but I find myself missing writing, sharing inspiration, and sparking conversation..... it's back to the blogosphere!




My last few archived posts were a mix of happy and sad milestones but you'll notice that as I dip my fingers back in the keyboard on here, it's going to be more lighthearted - mostly things that I would likely share on Instagram (but without the blackhole of screen time that would follow for me!). AND! I get to share articles and videos through the blog! Many of you know that I am article obsessed and perhaps you've even received an article or two from me via email. <3


*When they go low, we go high (revisited). You likely know where my vote is going in November, but M.O. speaks to humanity here and not just to a presidential election. She emphasizes what it means to raise an empathetic and compassionate child in a country that doesn't always focus on those values enough. For someone who admits to hating politics, she is as eloquent and convincing as they come. November is right around the corner.





*Also, kicking it back to a good political laugh in case you need it right now.

*For parents that love shopping for their kiddos as much as I do, I discovered Maisonette this summer and there is no turning back. You can thank me later!

*A great article about optimism from The Post's "The Optimist" newsletter, which I highly recommend if you are looking for weekly pick me ups! This piece had me in tears. Such a great reminder to continue to seek out the helpers - and BE one when you can.

*Wild Fable's line at Target has some amazing and super affordable blue light filtering glasses for those of us that will be spending most of our days in front of a screen (if you don't already!)

*Lastly, for local parents- here are some great resources that I've relied on heavily during the pandemic. 

Instagram accounts: @locowithkids - has a ton of family friendly activities and places to visit where it's easy to socially distance. @playgroundsofnova - this is a newer account but it highlights parks in NoVa that check all of the boxes for health, safety, and of course fun right now.

Our Kids- this is a great home base for all things local to do with kids and families. It sorts by date, area, etc. and it really compiles it ALL for you in one place.


Signing off with a song that still gets me every. single. time.

xo Maria

PS. I won't be seeing any comments on FB if you try to link up there, so shoot me an email if you want to keep the conversation going about anything. 

P.P.S. I just had to go in and update my Blogger profile to edit "twenty something year old" to THIRTY SOMETHING YEAR OLD. Time- please slow down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment